View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 20:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 222/206/135
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking YES! OH YES!

I am an American living in Sweden and I also thought I was the only low-carber here!!! HEJSAN!!!!

I'm married to a lovely Swedish man and have been living here for 5 years now. I started on Atkins, lost 20 lbs. during Induction and became pregnant with our darling Danibear (Danielle). I did a modified Atkins during the pregnancy and did so well, I had the full approval of my caretakers. For the first time, I didn't have gestational diabetes and only gained a healthy 9 kilos for the whole pregancy (instead of my usual 50 lbs.) Danielle is 15 months now and healthy as an ox!

I've recently been diagnosed with hyperinsulinaemia and started on Protein Power 5 wks ago. I am EXTREMELY resistant to weightloss because of my condition and would love to offer/receive some encouragement.

Niclin13, can you find Dietorelle chocolate where you are? The bars are 75gr and very satisfying. I never eat more than 25gr at a time (approx. 5 carbs), but that is quite enough. If you like to cook a little, I have many chocolate recipes.

Actually, I have all kinds of recipes to offer. I belong to a forum for stepmoms and post a weekly recipe 'column' (extended posts) with LC recipes. Now even the non-LCers are using my recipes and I've been asked to compile a cookbook for sale to site members. Ask me anything-- if I don't have it, I'll find it and if I can't find it, I'll try and create it! Oh, I'm soooooo happy to see other LCers here!

Alyx in Småland