View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-17, 13:22

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'd like to write something smart, it's not easy. Let's see.

The entire premise is the assumption that people are fat and sick now because they haven't been following the official guidelines for the past 40 years, and this system is intended to incentivize people to follow the official guidelines with the firm belief that doing so will make them less fat and less sick.

For the past 8 or so years of reading countless articles and essays and blog posts and opinions and research papers and a few good related books, let alone my own personal experience, it's become more and more obvious that people have been following the official guidelines and that's precisely why they're now fat and sick today.

Take my favorite butcher for example. The very first time I asked to not cut off the fat, the man looked at me as if I'd asked him to stab me or something. The very idea of eating fat has been deeply and widely stigmatized for many years, nay decades, before that incident at the butcher's. Nobody wakes up with the fear of fat in the eyes. It's taught, ingrained, hammered, over years and decades. The official guidelines have been doing just that for 40 years. Fear of fat isn't just ever present, it's also a central part of certain diets which are said to be even better than the official guidelines, as if the guidelines weren't strict enough about fat, and people believe it, hook line and sinker.

So, I guess the smart thing I'm going to write is that the premise is wrong and the system is bound to fail, or if we prefer, bound to a resounding success at deepening the on-going effects of the official guidelines. I'm thinking of investing in Big Pharma at this point.