View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 22:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Want to wish you two the best ... I'm PCOS ... was diagnosed 14 years ago (my dd is 12 now). She is a pergonal/metrodyn baby. Tried clomid back then (15+ years ago now) and it had no effect whatsoever. Well, that's not true ... it made me sick ... and SO irritable, moody, depressed, etc.

There is so much more information these days about PCOS. Are either of you on metformin? I was for a short time last year before I started Atkins. My doctor said I should do one or the other.

Since my dd was born, I've been on BCPs ... that's the only way to keep me stable emotionally and regular with my periods.

I had a difficult pregnancy ... nearly lost her a few times due to premature labor and incompetent cervix. The doctors reassured me at the time that I would be able to have another child, but the emotional rollercoaster was too much for me. And, I have to admit, once I had the "perfect" daughter I didn't have the same compulsion to try again.

I sometimes regret that she doesn't have a sister or brother ... mostly, though, I'm just glad we have her.

I've been LCing since the end of July 2001. I've lost about 50 pounds. I have a long way to go still, but I feel so much better!