View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/319/165 Female 67 inches
BF:54.2/52/25
Progress: 23%

Hmmm, I wonder if I should jump in here? Yup, I will.

The water argument is fascinating but unnecessary. Many accepted authorities on the subject (I won't quote one) have stated that you should drink eight glasses of water plus one glass for every 25 lbs you have to lose. For example I drink 13 glasses a day because I have a little over 100 lbs to lose.

BECKY, LISA: I think you will find that this is a good rule of thumb. So that you're both right in your water drinking habits based on the number of lbs each of you had to lose. Becky drinks more because she has more to lose.

About the protein metabolism thing... I am living proof that the human body can efficiently (unfortunately) metabolize protein for energy in the absence of carbohydrates. Hence my current stall. I am on day 4 of Stillmans which is just low fat meat and nothing else and to date I have not lost a pound neither am I in ketosis.

Also remember the average person WILL convert about 40% of the protein they eat into energy making the quantity of protein consumed an issue on this diet.

I think everyone is individual and needs to find their own happy medium that works for them. Still advice like that given by Becky is great to have as it gives a person options and something else to try when nothing else seems to work.

Both of you keep up the good work and keep posting the info as you get it.

Nicckkii

Wow now look whose post is loooong.