View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 21:49

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

<sigh>, what to do? What to do? I still get lots of pain. LCHF does a lot of good things but pain relief is not one of them. I try to limit myself to a couple aspirin if I must but that doesn’t do much to help. I avoid Tynenol like the plague as I don’t need liver failure. A “normal” dose of Tylenol does about as much for pain as a couple M&Ms would do. An amount sufficient to help with pain would probably kill me from liver failure.

The one that always worked for me is ibuprofen. It was always my “go to” but not at the suggested dose. The dose used to be two tablets and that did nothing for me. Now the suggested dose is ONE tablet! But anything less than three tablets is not eve worth taking. I really need four for pain relief, but three will take the edge off. I hate to take them but sometimes I need to sleep.

I spent the day today at my sewing machine making doll clothes for my granddaughter for Christmas. So tonight I have sciatica, a headache, aching shoulders....

Anyway I did take three ibuprofen just a bit ago. They are kicking in! But I’ll only do it once a day and try not to every day. But damn, there must be something!

Haha. My surgeon gave me a prescription for about 60 opioid painkillers when I had my wrist surgery in August 2016. I still have about 50 left. Sometimes I take one of those when I want to avoid ibuprofen!