#57   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 16:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%

offdawagon, you've somed it up:
Quote:
When I lost 93 lbs 2 yrs ago, I was absolutely dumbstruck by how profoundly that affected my entire life. It wasn't just a personal thing...it seemed to become a public issue. I live in a very small town, and I could not go out of my house for months without having to stop and do a complete discertation, several times per day, on how I lost the weight, how much I lost,

This is what I am going thur daily now. I work in the public eye, seeing people I haven't seen in a year or so's time. So when these people come in, their responses are, OMG or wow, what happen to you? In the spring and summer, my business pickes up and I'm faced with a lot more of this to come. I too, am tired of explaining how much lost, how I did it, and the strangest question, (I think anyway) WHY? I'm starting to get a little rude recently about this subject. I've even had a guy, who noticed how I had changed, call me on his cell phone from the food store and ask me what to buy!! What am I a losing weight expert now?!? lol
I mean, come on, I told you the basics, what book(s) to buy, now there calling me! lol

Another quote from you:
"became jealous, possesive and insecure" This one hit home with a friend of mine recently. I was told by his wife, after he found out I had a "date" (first time in a longggg time) that he said, Great, now John will get a girlfriend and he'll never be around anymore" His wife defended me with, "You can't expect him to be a bachlor his whole life". Just silly, ain't it!
----------------------------------------------
Erin, everything you stated I agree with too. I really like your "Issues" comment. I thought, I was the only one who used that term! lol The folks saying "eating disorder", ohhh, I hear the same type of stuff too. "Your thin enough" or "your still losing, your gonna get sick and fade away if you don't stop".

Quote:
Those girls were doing the same thing that I've always done - I guess you could say scoping out the competition.

I had a strange thought about this comment. A gal I recently took out (twice) didn't seem to be as relaxed as she always was before, when I was around her. I sort of had a mild crush on her for a year or 2 and never made a move because of my weight. Now, being close to goal and hearing all these comments about myself, I finally decided to take a shot. Because of your comment, I'm thinking. Does she feel uncomfortable around me, because of the change in me? Humm.... I've always had this in reverse before. Me Not feeling good enough about myself to be with someone like her. Just weird stuff.
Myself with selfdoubt, all my life, in regards to the weight, now being more on the other side of the coin, is getting pretty strange. I'm more selfconcious and insecure now, than ever before. Just really strange how the mind works.

I'm glad to see we are all not alone in this. Not that it makes it any easier!! lol

Cheers, John

PS: Glad you liked the joke!