#5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: Conscious Combining
Stats: 182.8/171.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi Robert,

My nutritionist in the late 90' to early 2000's was Judy Mazel - she is known for writing the beverly hills diet. The diet takes a lot of flack but Judy just used the same food combining rules in that book that are found in Hays, and then after her in Fit for Life, Somersizing and the Marilu Henners book. So I follow Judy's rules, but they are similar to the rules you would find in any food combining program. Judy called her way "Conscious Combining" so thats what I do.

Judy's books are mostly out of print. You can still get the New Beverly Hills diet but honestly its not as clear about food combining as the 81 book. She also wrote a book called the Beverly Hills diet Lifetime plan (in england it was called living with the beverly hills diet) which also has a lot of great info on food combining. If you can get past how dated the books are - and if Judy's personal style does not turn you off, they are great books. She was an awesome person to talk to! always bubbly and positive! I was the thinnist and most healthy I have ever been when working with her. I have gotten thin since but never in a healthy or positive way.