View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 03:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

The video explains a lot. My last two NMR Lipid Panel results are good examples. The first when I was on a multi-day fast, 4-5 days at the time of the blood draw showed LDL-C extremely high, yet my HDL & Tri numbers were very much in the healthy range with HDL being higher. For my most recent NMR LP, I eliminated dairy for 30 days, but consumed my normal combination of healthy fats (saturated, mono, and omega 3s & 6s) and did a standard 12-hour fast prior to the blood draw, and received results that showed everything being in a very healthy range (based on today's interpretation of what represents lipid health) with a much lower LDL reading.

It made me realize I can control the results by diet and caused me to question whether blood lipids are really a valid health marker without considering other variables. Since my CRP in the last test was 0.4, it also made me realize that dairy could likely be causing inflammation for me. By doing a straight 12-hour fast and dairy elimination prior to the blood draw, I can make my numbers look great and avoid the inevitable statin discussion with my doctor.