View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:18
Registered Member

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/120/120
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, I'm in Smyrna. Glad to see so many Cobb County people!!

Life Grocery on Roswell Rd. in Marietta has a fairly good low carb section, considering they just recently added it. They have a lot of the Atkins products (cereals, muffin and bread mixes, syrups, etc.) along with low carb pasta (Darielle) and many of the CarbSense and MiniCarb mixes. Also Harry's/Whole Foods on Roswell Rd. in Marietta has added a low carb section and carry the Darielle low carb pizzas in the freezer section for $4.59 as opposed to $5.99 at GNC. I do get a lot of low carb products at GNC (I prefer the one in the Publix shopping center at the intersection of the E/W Connector and S. Cobb Dr.) but try to shop there only during the first 7 days of the month with my gold card for a 20% savings, which puts most of the products into a more reasonable price range. GNC is a little pricier than Life or Harry's, but they really do have a nice selection of products. You just have to know what you can get for a better price somewhere else. For instance, the CarbSense Zero Carb Baking Mix was going for I think $9.99 at GNC and I got it at Life Grocery for $7.99, and now I know that the pizzas are cheaper at Whole Foods, which is where I do my grocery shopping each week. Life Grocery is just pretty much across the street from Whole Foods so it's convenient to run in there as well.

Once everyone has checked out the new low-carb stores, please let us know how their selection and prices are! Both are a fair distance from where I live, but if it sounds like it's worth a trip, I'll certainly make it!