View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160/150/112 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

In the third post on this thread, Gina claims that there must be a hidden or acknowledged trauma for our fatness and many have gone on to support this with their own stories of how they came to be fat.

Fo the record may I say that I am over weight because I have a sluggish metabolism, I have for quite a few years overeaten, I love large amounts of any high carb product - I drank alcohol pretty frequently and I have not exercised.

Why? Well I don't love the slow metabolism but I do love delicious food and drink and I find exercise boring. Simple as that.

I am not filling an empty space or wearing a "fat overcoat". My life is happy, no major traumas, just the usual growing up pains and life experiences. I do eat to console myself sometimes, other times I don't. I eat to celebrate too. I love good food and wine.

This is not to deny the very valid reasons that others have for their present state of health, I just wanted to say that it is possible to be overweight without illness, thyroid conditions, traumatic childhoods or accidents being the cause.