#33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 17:32
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 195/177/150
BF:30%/27%/21%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Well, I wish I had a good reason for being a blimp throughout most of my life, but, try as I may, I just seemed to like to eat from a very young age.

Captxray beat me to it. I have analyzed from every angle and all I can come up with is I love to eat! You know that saying "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"? Well, I tried to believe it. But darn it, some stuff is just downright delicious.

From as early as I can remember, my mom was on one fad diet after another. Somehow I always ended up on these diets with her. Now I didn't do the shots with urine from pregnant women (not making this up) like she did, but I followed the eating programs.

There was Weight Watchers (several times over the years). My stepdad has a funny memory of this diet. Mom cooked chicken breasts and we measured/weighed our meat and served ourselves. Turns out there was only about 2 oz. left for my sister and stepdad to split. He told her, "We're going to have to go on that diet, too or we are going to starve." We still laugh about that one.

Does anyone remember those liquid protein diets? I lost count of how many of those I've tried. The worst was that red, thick crap. It was supposed to be cherry, but I can't describe how awful it was. I see why people died who were on it. It tasted so bad that I wouldn't (couldn't) drink it and I wasn't eating either. How healthy is that? I don't have to tell you people.

Enough of remembering the bad and bad for you diets. I am so glad to find a way to eat and eat good food without feeding the cravings.

Keep up the good work, everyone!