View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 05:46
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

The combination of less weight and no more blood sugar problems has ended up taking a real load off my mind.

At heavier weights, throughout the day there were the constant background thoughts about whether or not I'd be capable of particular activities. If I needed to sit on the floor, how hard would it be to get up? If I needed to run for some reason, how huffy and puffy would I get, or how much chance did I have of falling? When I stood up after sitting, how much would my knees hurt? If I over exherted, would I get weak and dizzy? This unconscious constant dialog of caution was always there as a reminder of the all of the little movement risks and discomforts of being really heavy.

Now the background dialog that goes with movement activities is one of discovery and capability. Wow, my legs muscles feel strong going up this hill. Mmmm, that fresh air feels good when I'm walking. Hooray, that steep downhill drop-off on my hiking path was fun and easy with my improved balance and mobility. Oops, fell down on a steep slick slope - but wow, that's not such a big deal with this much less body mass hitting the ground. Hooray some more, I haven't eaten in 7 - 10 hours and still feel strong and can function as I need to.

It is the same kind of feeling as when you have good healthy family relationships, or when you have your financial life in order, or when you have your house clean and well organized. The peace of mind of having another major aspect of my life free from worries, cautions, or aprehension is possibly the number one change from losing this much weight.

Lynda