View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Dec-03-17, 04:57

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Terrific news that the surgeon is fully supportive of the Ketogenic Diet. Ten years ago the more common attitude was Diet doesn’t make any difference to breast cancer progression or prevention of recurrence, but a patient should eat "healthy". Check any of the cancer centers info on nutrition and you will find whole grains, fruits and veg, more fish, less meat. In the past five years, there are more patients coming to Ketogenic support pages who say their doctor has suggested Ketogenic eating, encouraging, but still not in the standard protocols.

This coming week is the big deal breast cancer conference held in San Antonio every year...40th anniversary. About 1400 papers accepted ...brace yourself for weird stories on Cancer this week. The schedule looks to have no speakers on Lifestyle or nutrition but the press will often pick up the odd-ball papers that may indicate X superfood decreases risk of Y by some little percent. My oncologist attends, so yesterday I sent him an update of my resources on the Ketogenic Diet as seen in popular press...there have been many in just the past six weeks. Years ago he asked me to share what I see about Diet that he can share with other patients who ask, easy to understand articles, or new clinical trials, not the academic studies. If interested, PM me your email, and I will forward the whole mess of links to you. The highlights for me was our Library ordering Keto for Cancer (only $20 at Amazon) and the Today show quotes on Keto from MD Anderson head of cancer Medicine https://www.today.com/health/ketoge...y-fight-t118177

I agree on the stevia, and you can make gelatin desserts from unflavored gelatin and stevia extracts. But for higher fats, also consider desserts made from sour cream, cream cheese, whipped cream (some frozen berries with heavy cream whizzed in a food processor becomes like soft-serve ice cream), etc.

Assume the rest of the meeting with the surgeon went well, and the journey through treatment continues along the usual path. Best wishes,