View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-26-17, 17:25

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks again for all the wonderful support and suggestions.

As I have said in other posts, my wife has been following pretty much the same diet as I have. Going forward, it looks like I'll be incorporating a healthy breast cancer diet into my diet. It seems the low carb diet with a few modifications is the best way to go. We have been reading about nutrition and breast cancer and also the importance of vitamin D and how it can stop cancer growth. She's adding a good vitamin D supplement along with a fish oil supplement to the multivitamins she already has been taking.

Foods that are good for breast cancer include:

turmeric, broccoli, arugula, walnuts, horseradish, flax, cabbage, (especially brussel sprouts), asparagus, kale, garlic, watercress, carrots, salmon, shiitake mushrooms, fish eggs, prunes, sweet potatoes & (sour) cherries / tart cherry juice, raspberries, & green tea. All of her meat needs to be organic, without added hormones.

Tonite I'm making her a turmeric chicken with (miracle) rice recipe with shiitake mushrooms and for desert raspberry Jello 1-2-3 with fresh raspberries.

From now on all our meals are going to be low carb and breast cancer friendly.

EDIT: The tart cherry juice is going to add a few carbs to her diet but I think the benefits outweigh the risks. We were testing it tonight and it tastes very good when mixed with sugar-free green tea