View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-09, 13:53

Plan: my plan
Stats: 162.5/148/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 83%

It's the carbs that damage the fat and make it stick in your arteries. Think of it that way and you'll get over the whole low-fat dogma. Other things like pollution, food additives, smoking, etc. damage the fat too and make them stick in your arteries. So what do you do? Hell if I know, and I wish there was more detailed research on the type and amount of carbs that are acceptable when it comes to the damage it creates.

I can't go too low or high with the carbs, or my body retaliates when I do either. I'm working on finding a healthy balance. If anyone thinks they've found it and have the medical results to prove it, I'm sure everyone would be interested in hearing about it. Until then, I'm gonna stick with the theory that too much fat OR carb intake should be avoided. I eat the protein and whatever fat is in that, along with the veggies.

If you work out, there's no evidence to support eating carbs period, unless it's 45 min. to an hr. after lifting, and then you still need the protein with it. Once you are fat adapted, there's no reason you can't run as many miles as your body can handle. You don't need extra fat or carbs unless you don't have enough body fat to fuel your workouts. You have your own built in fat supplier, it's called your ass. Use it.