View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Wink playing around and discovered...YUMMY!

This weekend I was making the "Mock Muffins" that are wonderful little meal sized quiches/omlettes...easy for a quick breakfast or snack. My D/H requested the Mock French Toast for dinner, so I whipped up some batter. That is when i hit on my idea. I poured some batter in a muffin tin, put about a 1/2 oz of cream cheese in the center and covered it with more batter. WONDERFUL! I tweeked the recipe some and also made an almond variety. Here are my recipes. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

Mock French Toast Muffin SURPRISE!

1/2 of a 3-oz. bag of unflavored pork rinds
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 pkts SplendaŽ
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
maple flavoring (about 1/4-1/2 tsp.)
3 oz cream cheese (you may flavor your cream cheese with maple, cinn, and Splenda or brown Sugar Twin)

I crushed my rinds in my blender, removed them and mixed the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese. I then added the rinds and needed to add some water becasue this gets pretty thick. Pour some into greased muffin tin (NOT a MINI tin). Place a blob of your cream cheese in the center and cover with more batter. Back at 350 for about 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool. Reheat as a quick breakfast onthe go. Serve plain or with butter and SF syrup. Makes about 6 muffins.

Almond Mock Muffin SURPRISE
1/2 of a 3-oz. bag of unflavored pork rinds
2 Tbs almonds (you may add more if you wish and don't mind upping the count)
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 pkts SplendaŽ
almond flavoring to taste (about 1/4-1/2 tsp)
3 oz cream cheese (you may flavor your cream cheese w/ almond extract and Splenda...cinn too if desired).

Crush rinds and almonds in blender. Put aside. Whip up the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese. Add rind/almond mix to egg mix and blend. You may need to add water tothe batter to make it more managable. Pour some batter into greased muffin tin. Put a blob of cream cheese in center and cover w/ batter. Bake at 350 for about 20-23 minutes. Makes about 6 muffins.

I hope you enjoy these.
Sponsored Links