View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 09:53

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 160/130/116 Female 61 inches - 5ft 1"
BF:32.8/19/15
Progress: 68%

My race was ok-ish!
I normally run at 6-7pm on an empty stomach but stupidly had my usual breakfast, protein shake before the run. I was nervous and along with the hot sun we had i threw up at the 5k mark. Spent the rest of the distance telling myself i wasnt going to be sick again instead of pushing myself.
I finished in 1 hour 12 minutes which i was quite dissapointed with as id done 1 hour 7 on Tuesday with 3 big hills and the race was flat so was hoping for the hour mark.
But despite being sick i finished.
Ive have registered for another 10k on the 15th of June, an evening run through the new forest and a 10k road run on the 18th of August. I am determind to get it under an hour, even if it takes a few goes.
On the shoe front i wear Asics gel running trainers and i love them. They were not cheap ~ £130 but they are comfy, firm fitting and due to the gel they absorb alot of the impact, unlike my previous nike runners. They are nice and cool too, i use them indoors and outdoors and will def get another pair when they wear out, which at this rate wont be long.
Deoran, well done in the 59mins im jealous i really want to do this in under an hour. Im not fast by any means just have alot of determination & stamina that keeps me going for a long distance.