Thread: Oatmeal
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 15:00

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 138/143/130 Female 64.5 in
BF:
Progress: -63%

With oatmeal, she wants you to eat the steel cut kind. That has the least processing as possible. When cooked it is more crunchy (??) than the kind like Quaker. It probably has more of the bran still intact?

According to Wikepedia "Steel-cut oats may have a lower glycemic index than instant oatmeal (42 vs. 66, respectively), causing a lesser spike in insulin levels when consumed. The cause of this is undetermined, but believed to be a higher proportion of complex carbohydrate."

Read her second book because that explains a lot more of the chemical processes and also talks about why she doesn't want you to go into ketosis. I don't remember off the top of my head why she says she doesn't want you to. It has to do with the major hormones, I think.

If it helps any, I have gained weight, but not size. So, I must be building more muscle and bone due to this diet. I also am able to get off of my thyroid meds now. It's been about 2.5 weeks with just 1/4 grain every few days. No signs of hypo yet. I usually would feel the fatigue starting by now.