Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 14:28
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessara
So far I've had no reactions to the product. But I will tell you this my digestion issues has seem to quiet alot down. I didn't have a single cramp today.
So where did you get it, the supermarket stuff is not real kefir though they call it that. I tried "DanActive" its horrid sugary stuff that gave me gas and heartburn
Quote:
Kefir grains are a combination of bacteria and yeasts in a matrix of proteins, lipids and sugars. Lactobacillus acidophilus and Saccharomyces kefir are widely used, though the exact combination of bacteria and yeasts vary between cultures. The milk is incubated at room temperature for a day or more, during which the lactose is fermented. The resulting beverage is a sour, carbonated, slightly alcoholic drink. The consistency is similar to thin yoghurt. In fact, most commercially available American "kefir" lacks both carbonation and alcohol and is nothing more than liquid yogurt.-- wikipedia

Those two organisms are very similar to what I have used to make sourdough bread for years-- well until recently now my starter is in the freezer