Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 04:19
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Bi vs. Gay

Quote:
How many on this thread are Bi? I have a question is any are: Why isn't that when you are asked if you are gay and you reply you are Bi, people treat you like you sleep with everyone?! Its so frustrating.

Hi Lessara ... Did you ever read that magazine 'Frighten The Horses'? Bi-themed, addressing our perceived sluttiness, very fun.

There's so much 'they're born that way' (probably very valid) theory out there in regards to homosexuality. I always wonder how society will react to people like me who choose to live as a lesbian? I mean, we're talking 20 years now in primary relationships with women ... I doubt this leopard is going to change spots ... but I couldn't rule out loving someone due to gender.

I've always felt, sexuality-wise, I'm bi ... but my preference is to live as a lesbian. That's thrown folks, gay and straight.

I worked in a co-op with some lesbian-feminists who kept me at serious arms length. I think they were worried I might contaminate the Sapphic gene pool.

And of course, all the confused friends and family who ask stuff like 'Well, if you can be normal, why wouldn't you choose that?' Even if I did choose a male partner, I'd still be light years from 'Normal', so why compromise my heart and mind?

Not a lot that we can do except being who we are and living our best lives, right?

Take care all!

PS - Emily (or should I say 'Captain'?) loved learning about the ST connection!