View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-15, 09:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Wow, everyone is getting all of this great remodeling or room additions done. Such fun! New is always exciting!

On the weight loss front...that little down blip was just a blip, didn't last for even a 2nd day in a row. I am holding steady at a 4 pound loss from the fat fast. I am planning on a single day fast of cream cheese and macadamia tomorrow just to keep me honest.

My mom is doing so well that I am able to come home for the weekend. Honestly, she can do everything around the house. She is doing fine with the one good hand and has adapted. The one big area that they've been needing me around for is really just to help take them places. My mom can drive, no problem, but it's the "getting my sister's wheelchair in and out of the trunk" that she cannot do. So, before I left, we practiced putting the wheelchair behind the front passenger seat with only one hand. It's an incredibly light chair, only 14 pounds, so with practice Mom can do it pretty easily. Of course, now the big question is, "Can she push it?" Betsy can't drive her own chair...she's a dwarf and her arms aren't long enough to operate a chair. My mom feels as though she can push it with one hand and use her hip to help guide the other side. It is doable...I've done it myself. The other issue is opening doors and getting the wheelchair through them when they arrive at stores or restaurants without automatic doors. We resolved that by leaving Betsy outside in her chair long enough for Mom to go in and ask for help. Usually, that's not necessary because almost always someone jumps to help open doors for them. But, we worked out a game plan for "just in case."

So, if all goes well this weekend, I may not need to keep staying with them. We shall see. Fingers crossed.

Signing out for now! Happy Sunday!