Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryAJ
Good list. Unfortunately, the first one is mostly on longer a good one.
That is because, since something like 1960 or so, the rate of juvenile obesity has been climbing at such a rate that far too many are past their "optimal" weight/body composition when they reach 18. I am seeing children under 10 that are way over weight, and not just a few! So, while that is a good recommendation for those of us over 40 or who were never overweight, it probably will not be true for a large (over 20%) number of people in the future. UNLESS there are MAJOR changes in the government food recommendations, which I do not expect any time soon.

I think it is also significant that some men continue to grow in height after 18 and most will develop significant lean body mass until 30. That is, if they eat. Certainly it is a matter of aesthetics, but under eating to keep the body of a young boy/man of 18 seems strange to me. (the lean body mass that I am talking about is that of a maturing male body, I realize that many us, myself include, add more lean body mass after 30)

Eugene Sandow is considered to have a 'classical' Greek perfection of proportion in his prime around 30yo. There are other images when he was 19.

Eugene Sandow

Kind regards