#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 20:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Tufts University ADAPT Study

FYI: I was recently solicited to participate a dietary study conducted by Tufts University. It is called the ADAPT study (nothing to do with Dr. Westman's Adapt bar venture). Here is a link to a description of the study...

Adhering to Dietary Approaches for Personal Taste (ADAPT)

I decided to participate. It looks to be a fairly in-depth study. It involves a dozen or so surveys spaced over a 2 month period, including at least one 24 hour food recall survey. I've only completed the initial questionnaire, which included what diet I am following, books I've read, related websites that I frequent, etc. Among the selectable "diets" options were Paleo, vegan, Weight Watchers and several others. The closest thing to my current diet was "Low Carb / High Protein". I consider that a misconception, so I selected OTHER and wrote in Low Carb / High Fat. Given its current rise in popularity, I was surprised that a Ketogenic diet wasn't listed as one of the choices. Among the websites I listed were Dietdoctor.com and this forum. I'm not sure what will become of this survey data, but I wanted to make sure that LCHF was represented.

After I joined and completed the first survey (Demographics & Lifestyle), several more surveys were scheduled for me to complete (See list below). I don't know the details of each as I cannot open the survey until the date shown.

Physical Activity - 10/19/17
Social Support and Exercise - 10/19/17
Social Support and Eating Habits - 10/19/17
Your Dietary Habits - 10/26/17
Supplement Use - 10/26/17
Your Relationship with Food - 10/26/17
Nutrition & Exercise Self-Efficacy - 11/02/17
Your Feelings About Eating - 11/02/17
Medical History - 11/02/17
Food Acceptability - 11/09/17
Mental Health - 11/09/17
Eating and Self-Control - 11/09/17
Sleep - 11/16/17
Personality Type - 11/16/17
Wrap Up/Permission to Contact for Followup - 11/22/17

If you read the webpage at the link above you will see that they are still soliciting for others to participate (especially men, who are underrepresented). So I thought that I'd put this out here for you to consider. It is not a 5 minute, one time survey. It will take several hours in total to complete. But just in case you are interested, I thought that this might be a good opportunity to make sure the low carb community's voice is heard in one of these dietary surveys.
Sponsored Links