#5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-17, 12:52

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

And I remember this, which Taubes also wrote about in both of his books:

Quote:
In 1979, cyclone damage prevented the islands’ supply ship calling for five months. Fishermen ran out of fuel for their motors and returned to more labour-intensive sailing. Sugar ran out. But when a ship at last called, the passengers did not discover starvation and misery. "Tokelauans had been very healthy and had returned to the pre-European diet of coconuts and fish," the New Zealand Herald reported that June. "Many people lost weight and felt very much better, including some of the diabetics."

But then, the part of me that tried to exercise my fat away, suffered, and failed, is now permanently PO'd about it

The most dramatic part of The Case Against Sugar was when Taubes quoted the first studies showing such poor effects that blamed the health issues on sugar. The rebuttals boggled my mind.

What ranting and dramatic rending of garments! How it could not be possible! Declarations that they don't care if it kills them, they want it, they must haz it, THE PRECIOUS.

It's really freaky. Any other substance, people would say, "They must be on drugs." But because it's what we give to babies on their first birthday, if not before... it must be okay.