#11   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 09:28

Plan: Atkins/Taubes
Stats: 270/168/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushfire
I found the part about height of children being stunted by low fat diets interesting. People in The Netherlands are among the tallest in the world, and I'll bet they don't subscribe to a low fat diet for their kids. As part of my job in the early '90s I got to work with a lot of Dutch people who came to the US for a few months. One day they hosted a barbeque where they cooked incredible amounts of meat. My American co-workers and I were done after one or two servings but they just kept eating and eating and eating the meat. And not a fat one in the bunch. They were puzzled why we didn't eat more!

I have often thought that the low-fat lie is particularly harmful to children. I see it every day in my daughter's (shorter, heavier, less athletic) friends who are all teen girls on low-fat because their moms are too. But BRAIN development is another thing that NEEDS fat. It's like they are purposely trying to make a shorter, fatter, dumber population. The cynical conspiracy theorist in me says that's not an accident either. If you want to control people, they have to need you. And if they are strong, healthy and sharp, that's less likely.