View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Little Atkinish
Stats: 180/164/100 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 20%

One thing I learned quitting is none of the main stream works for me and if you really pay attention nothing works the same way for two different people. The way these people decribe quitting would have ruined me.

Use diet or induction as an excuse to delay quitting then there ya go, another excuse. Use aids, those made it worse for me, like teasing me. Set quit dates? Ptthhh. I would quit when my pack ran out, my carton, the first of the month, next weekend or monday... I went on for years quitting and would for a few days to a week then I would have "just one".

THEN one day with a half a pack and no real desire to quit (not like other times) I said no. I bought a few pounds pistachios and sat on my backside channel surfing eating them.

For me my quit magic? You know when you are a few days in and you reason with yourself and say "just one"? Or just a couple drags? See what you need to realize there is no "just one". Say I give up or I choose to smoke, period! You choose to smoke or not, never is there a just one. That is the secret.

Anytime you want to pick up "just one" do not lie. Be honest, I quit quitting smoking and I want to smoke. I choose disease.

But DO NOT use induction as an excuse to delay. You are not pulling the wool over us ex smokers eyes, we always had a good reason to put it off too. At least in induction you need not worry about calories, learn mousse recipes, eat pig skins, deviled eggs, low carb tortilla BLTS, and quesadillas, or nuts.

I have exactly 1 month to be smoke free 1 year and I did 2 - 3 packs a day for dang near 20. The best of luck to you and if you want to quit I will be there 100% I will not support excuses!