View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 12:57

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Leigh,
Hi. I thought I'd weigh in here (pun intended ). First, I agree with all of the advice listed so far. One thing that has really helped me stop the excuses for eating poorly is thinking about why I eat what I do. Years and years ago I was on a very bad cycle of binge/purge. I thought about it, and the episodes didn't cycle with my weight, they cycled with the stress in my life. I would binge (comfort - we all know the comfort) - then purge (that was control - getting rid of what I didn't want), and then I'd go ignore everyone and read (escape). Once I noticed it, I was able to consciously stop it. So, then I started to gain weight - part was being newly married (mmm - making dinners for new hubby, all kinds of good things), but then the weight kept creeping on. I couldn't stop it. Why? Years and years later, I realize the two times in my life I've really gained were because I was (I believe) subconsciously trying to make myself unappealing to others, and to 'get back' at someone who had devastated me emotionally, but had always encouraged me to lose weight. I was successful at losing over 80 lb the first time, and am in progress here the 2nd time. There is no denying that I am a carb addict and a stress-eater. But boy oh boy, the mind also messes with our actions. My advice would be to 1) follow the tips listed above; 2) think long and hard and often about why you've gotten where you are and haven't been able to stop it; 3) if you stress eat, stress eat ON PLAN!; and 4) NO EXCUSES! Not - I will start tomorrow, Monday, next week, the beginning of the month, etc - start right now. Don't make exceptions - not just 'one taste' of something, especially if it's a trigger food! And if you slip up, because we're only human after all, look at #4 - NO EXCUSES! Start right back up again immediately - don't fall into the mindset of "well, I blew it today, I will start fresh tomorrow". Just do it! Good luck!!!