View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-15, 20:54

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

I was actually up a bit this morning back at 160. But I have been at 159 or 160 for a week now. The interesting thing, I went to see my counselor today. A month ago I weighed 166 on his scale, the first time it had gone up...it was a pound above the month before. Today I weighed 161 on his scale. He was pretty surprised. I won't go back for 6 months now. He told me to stay below 165 and I said, I plan to stay below 160.

Blue, I loved your photos of your trip. A lot of them look like they could be right around here. When you mentioned learning about corn drying, it reminds me of some of the amazing things I have learned since I have lived in Iowa. One is all about the sex life of corn. The first summer I was here I got to see it all up close and personal. Who knew? I later learned the importance of corn drying. You leave the seed corn in the fields until it is almost dry. That saves a lot of time and money on the drying. In October people will ask each other about what percent they are. They mean percent moisture. I have always been fascinated about what they grow where ever I have lived. In East Texas, I had to learn about cotton ginning and in south Texas it was rice. But this is one of the most fascinating places I have lived for watching the corn from planting to harvest. One year I photographed a field in all seasons.

My son and family are visiting in Manassas right now. Guinevere's mother and step father live there. They have been on a great historical trek. Including where our ancestors landed in the US in the 17th century (Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina) and where my father's ancestors lived after they crossed Cumberland Gap into Kentucky. I recently learned why none of them stayed in Maryland. It seems that the Catholics ran the Protestants out of Maryland and into Virginia and North Carolina.