#41   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 05:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

Hi!
Thank you for welcoming me!
I would love to be a buddy - my doar electrony is marnina shtrudel netvision net il.
I have the same problem of food to take to work. I work outside and work shifts. In the morning shift I get a meal, but the afternoon and night shift I have to bring my food with me or buy food. Since I am now on a tight budget - now that we all have to get out of our "minus" - I stopped buying food at the "shipudiot". In the winter I was taking to work fennel (shumar), yellow cheese and hard boiled egg. But in the summer it does'nt keep. Last summer, following advice from the net on nuts (well they w e r e talking about macadimia nuts - which are very expencive and impossible to find) I tried sunflower seads but I started gaining. This year, boring as it may be, I stick to a small can of toov taam or yona tuna spread or salman spead. I keep my other meals interesting. Mah La'asot?

Anybody know how many carbs in Dalorit? I put it in a "cooking bag" Sakiot li'tziliya and in the oven for 40 min. I do that with fish, meat and other veggies - the oven stays clean, the pot stays clean, its already in a bag for the fridge and you can reheat in the microwave which also stays clean, and it comes out soft with lots of flavor. I even put eggplant in these bags and mash them with the skin. Quick, easy. l/c and good - the way I like it.
I am glad everything is calm up north. Here in Beer-Sheva the city filled up with guests and we constently heard the airforce over head. In times of trouble your body needs good healthy L/C food, and keeping to the nutrition of choice should give you a sence of continuity and pride that even in a crisis you stuck to your goals.
I wanted to share a problem I was having that I hoped I have solved. During the last 4 months I started gaining again. I didn't cheat or put anything not l/c in my mouth. I couln't figure out why I was gaining! I started to write down everthing I eat and noticed something amayzing! I was hooked on cottege cheese! even though it is l/c only 3 for a 9% tub I was avoiding meat in order to stay milchik (halavi)! I was robing myself of variety and of enough protien and fat. I would eat it for breakfast, as a snack and at night. then I would get hungry and binge on ... saled (!!). Yes I would have a 4 cucumber 4 tomato 1 onion, salt, lemon juice and olive oil Israeli salad and didn't think anything was wrong! The past two weeks I started to eat a variety including meat (O.K. so I'm Flashic, Bisary, so nu?) and I don't count on cottage cheese as a snack. Now that I am eating right I dont need a snack. I have lost all that I have been gaining and have once again reached my goal weight of 59 kg! Applause here. A post like this could only be posted here - who else would understand the challenges of l/c and kosher? Now if we could only do this in hebrew...
Enough Bilbul Moach
Keep with it.
Marnina