View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi Amanda

Thanks for your posting in my journal - I've replied in your journal too.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!!!

How old is he? You must upload some photos of him!

Welcome back to this forum - I'm so glad you have decided to give it a go again.

Atkins has definitely worked for me, though lately I have had to tweak the plan a bit, by cutting back on protein and increasing the fat. I'm losing a bit faster now and don't get hungry between meals anymore either.

If you are past induction, you can have nuts and berries for snacks, but try to eat small portions of these, some people stall with them (me included!) Sometimes I treat myself with Dinah's sugarfree jelly and cream. You can get this from Pick and Pay hypermarkets and some Spars. You can also try making some yummy low-carb goodies - why not try the recipe section here, there are some delicious ones like Mock Danish, pancakes, peanut butter cookies and Deep Dish Pizza Bake. Occasionally I eat biltong, but it is quite high in carbs and the salt will make you retain water, but it does add some variety.

If I'm really desperate for something, I often find that decaff filter coffee with a tbspn of whizzed up cream really hits the spot - I have about 3 cups a day..

Karen