View Single Post
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 18:29

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

KaiNiki, I also have blood sugar problems. I am not sure if it is some weird form of hypoglycemia or what but I very often feel quite sick not long after eating. And if I get really sick (bad headaches, nauseous) I will often still feel bad for a whole day after and just feel like I can't get back in balance.

My old doctor recommended eating every 2-3 hours making sure to eat small amounts of food with protein. This actually made it worse which is why I am drawn to the WD.

Earlier this year I got very stressed out and got really tired and sick. My doctor put me on a strict diet and because there were so few foods I could eat, I wound up going for most of the day without food (I'd bring a lunch to work but it would be so gross I would just end up not eating it). While doing this I began to feel much better. I was also eating very healthy dinners (pretty much in line with the WD). So I started looking a the WD.

My challenge is that even I know the WD makes me feel better, I still tend to have emotional eating problems (and eat foods I shouldn't during the undereating phase). I actually think once I truly get acclimated to the WD these should go away but it's going to take some time.

My plan is to follow the WD while also noting how certain foods make me feel. I think once I start to realize that eating certain foods make me feel sick I will learn to stay away from them because I want to feel well and not because they are forbidden. Forbidding any type of food automatically makes me feel deprived and makes me crazy. The WD doesn't forbid any type pf food, it just gives you a structure within which to eat them. And I think Watcher has said that overtime you start to really crave the more healthy food.

I also want to find more women who are doing it (I know Watcher's wife does with great results) and find out what tips they may have and what success they have experienced.

-J