Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciahall
Koko,

Oh thank you for pointing that out, I read the book but like everything in life when I read I miss SOMETHING important. I was going to try to kill myself doing them back to back! LOL I can just see the headlines now...

I'm glad I found this site, that really relieves me, I really did think I was going to die after 1.5 hours in a row. I thought I would survive day 1 but day 4 or 5 would be my demise. Oh the horror.

Now I KNOW I can do it!

I was the SAME way on getting thru the excercises on the pre-core. I didn't get thru the 2nd round until about the 3rd or 4th day, but I made the mistake of doing day 1 at home. I just can't do it at home, I get thru a bit of something and then just give up and plop myself on the couch and decide it just can't be done. I'm so bad. But after I had gotten thru 2x I was like WOW this is so easy, why did I have problems before. Then 2nd day going thru the excerises 2x I did the max # of each. I also added an extra tricep move to help with that part of my arms.

I felt like I was really starting to be a self trainer, I would make myself do an extra few when I didn't feel I could do another. And then if I didn't like my own effort I forced myself to redo a few. It was great! I'm really looking forward to the real part.

LOL Tricia - don't worry you are not the only one who missed things!!! I thought I was doing great doing the program-readiness - I did two days of completing the circuit once in 30 minutes (mind you I was doing the highest number of reps for everything) then I re-read the instructions and saw where it said "complete the circuit as quickly as you can 2-3 times in 30 minutes"!!! at that point I thought there was NO hope for me. But I looked at how I was doing it and realized I was probably spending WAaaay to much time worrying about the form on the stupid punches - I am NOT a born puncher, have never punched anything in my life. And I was wasting time trying to get perfect form, stopping to look at the book. So I got DH to demonstrate the punches to me (the pictures all looked sort of the same) and I practiced them while not doing the workout, then I reduced my reps to the minumum and was able to do it twice in the 30 minutes. Like you, after I did it I thought hey this is EASY - and I felt really triumphant!!! Today I'm going to either go for 3 circuits or increase my reps again on two. It feels like you CAN'T when you start but if your really try you CAN. I just look at everyone here and everyone in the book and figure if these other people can do it, then I can. They don't have anything I don't like an extra arm or leg to help them along - he even has a woman in her 50's in the book so I can't use that as an excuse (I am going to be 50 this year).

I'm a bit worried about next week when I drop the carbs too, on Fat Flush the carbs are between 80-100 in a day, the cranberry water alone having 32. I know I get very hungry on extremely low carbs but I'm hoping the exercise will take away the hunger, it often has that effect on me. I've got a trip coming up the first week in March and this is a STRONG motivation for me to DO this.

What's the exercise you HATE on this, there must be one. For me it's those hellacious "Squat Thrusts" - once I have them done on each circuit I feel like the rest is easy street!!!

Wishing you all great workouts!!!!