View Single Post
  #314   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-24, 09:47

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Many dentists now try to save teeth.

Here is a 5 yo TED talk. Prevention. Prevention. Prevention.
https://youtu.be/YXSgL-aYlwg?si=18xMWsVx72EHSXx5

------------

Changing course in mouth care takes changing ingrained knowledge and habits.

Soft toothbrush.
Eat very low carb diet: many foods get stuck on teeth, meat and low carb veggies seem to prevent this. Potatoes really stick. Green beans dont. I also realized eating like a caveman leaves meat between teeth whereas cutting up meat doesn't.

Brushing with baking soda as needed, but it disturbs the microfilm. Find ways to support the biofilm. Why?? Biofilm repairs the teeth!! Teeth can remineralize!! Remineralization fills cavities!

Chew gum with a special sweetener: xylitol. Took some reading of tiny ingredient labels. I chew late at night before bed. And in morning, as I dont eat before noon.

Drinking washes away biofilm. Better to chug down water or tea than sip all day.

Cheese sticks to terth snd grows everything I dont want. Eating cheese as dessert , like the Europeans, opened my eyes to no no no. Cheese feeds the bacteria. Better to eat other foods that scrape teeth after eating cheese. Or just skip the cheese.....ya, right!( cheese is addictive.....a warning. )

I brush kess often. Only as needed. Flossing.....as needed to remove meat stuck between teeth. Why? I noticed the damaged gums in my DH mouth, he floss es every day religiously.

Sticking to low carb grows back the gums a little bit.. perhaps due to better tissue health, including all other tissues in body coping with inflammation due to SAD.

No fluoride. No bromated flours....well, no flours on low carb.

Added iodized salt. Not the perfect source but cheap.

There was a time when good health was a given. Sadly, it was when plenty of big fauna roamed to be hunted for meat. The grocery store is not hunting. Its not just meat. Im starting to see the grocery as a dangerous place......at least enough to enter with care, with a plan, with a list.

Gaining optimal health is a struggle.