Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 10:36
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplemom
- I have a veggie phobic son, too! I make him at least TRY everything (he's 15 and has been this way ever since he spit out his baby food).

Good luck on figuring out your trigger food. I decided to give up aspartame just recently and found that my cravings went way down. I went through some major withdrawal for a few days - I was a major Diet Coke addict. I'm still drinking caffeine in the form of iced tea, but I'm definitely not having the problems with the cravings like I was before!

I didn't really have anything specific in mind for the challenge - it seems like there's interest in the GI diet on different threads. Maybe I'm thinking more of a support group! I would love to keep in touch with other followers - this really seems like a healthier diet to me. On Atkins, I was always fixing meals for the whole family and drooling over their pasta and potatoes! I was even craving milk! I would like to fix healthier meals for my family, and this seems like a reasonable diet for everybody!

Let me know what you think!

A support group is a great idea. Count me in. Perhaps we could have a Yahoo GI Diet support group and keep in contact that way. I'd be willing to set it up or you could if you like the idea. Let me know.

I am suspecting artificial sweeteners might be my trigger but I do not use them all that often. I have 1 or 2 diet pepsis when I go out grocery shopping. I used to drink several diet pepsis a day after getting hooked on it when I was with my last bf. He drank a 2 litre bottle of the stuff every day when we were together.Probably more. I used to take a glass or 2 from his and then got hooked on the stuff. I had the same major withdrawals you did
but it tastes soooo goood. I get my caffeine fix with a cup of tea every other day. Water is my main beverage now.

Grocery shopping is once or twice a week depending on how much I buy and how much we eat. I was eating sugarfree yogurt but have switched to plain lowfat yogurt now and still have the cravings. It is very puzzling.

My veggie phobic son is 15 too. His brother (who recently moved out) is 20 and eats anything not tied down (and is skinny as a rail too).

One thing I like about the GI diet is that we can still have potatoes even if they have to be 2 or 3 boiled new potatoes. I do not have them every day but it is nice to have a serving with my lunch or dinner when I am in the mood for them.

I do not drink milk anymore as i can taste the lactose in it now (blech!) but I do drink 2 cups of buttermilk every day. Yum!!