View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 09:16

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Discussions like this on the forum always delight me, because they bring out the "old-timers"--people who are knowledgeable and successful with various forms of the LC way of life. In fact, hanging out here is one of my chief strategies for holding myself accountable and finding positive reinforcement when the going gets tough. Two warning signs of the Weight Creep I've found absolutely reliable: not stepping on the scales, and not visiting lowcarber.org

All diet articles focus on weight loss: which "diet" works and which doesn't. That's the "clickbait" headline. Most of us here know that ALL diets work for weight loss, as long as a person stays on the diet. So the accusation of diet-for-weight-loss articles against almost every diet that "people can't stay on it" is probably accurate. Low-fat/low-calorie is probably one of the worst for adherence.

As to which diet produces the healthiest outcome for an individual? You have to read a lot deeper than the clickbait. In fact, you might have to know a lot more than your primary care provider, let alone the dietitian at your local community college, about your own physiology, health history, daily habits, and addictions.

In short, serious weight loss and beyond that, lifelong weight and health maintenance, are not quick-and-easy. We know that here. And as Khrussva points out, legions of visitors to this site have tried and given up because of their unrealistic expectations.

I'm happy to kick in a little money so that this site (and Diet Doctor) can continue to offer a civilized, rational, and FREE resource for those of us who keep on keeping on.