#14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/209/160 Female 5' 11"
BF:Don't wanna know
Progress: 40%
Default Country Joe--yeah!

Hi TarHeel (and everyone else)! Of course I know (and love) Country Joe & the Fish...your original post made me laugh. I'm 51 and am on Atkins for the second time. Naturally it's going much, much more slowly this time. I KNOW I should stay off the scale but am just fixated on that weigh-in each morning. Maybe I should just break the darned thing!

Last time I did Atkins was five years ago...don't you just kick yourself for not staying with it then and for regaining all the weight? (At least I did.) My life has changed a lot in the last five years, and my metabolism has definitely slowed too.

Guess I'm going to have to accept that this will not be a quick fix, and I'm going to have to stay with the program the rest of my life. It's tough to think I'll never really be able to eat bread again though--that's the thing I miss the most. I like to bake it and love the artisan breads that are so popular right now.

This is almost the end of week 4 and my loss is stuck at 10 pounds since halfway through week 2. I've been keeping a log of everything I eat, which does help keep me honest, but of course what I really need to do is exercise more. Tough to find time and easy to find excuses not to do it.

Nice to find other people in my age group and experiencing the same kinds of challenges.

LuWana