Old Fri, Jul-10-09, 21:29

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Ginger Tea Works for Sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniriki
I know what you mean about controlling carbs during the day. Yesterday was good, today... not so good. After a lifetime of dieting, actually since I was in the 4th grade, I am obsessed with food and my hunger never really goes away. Eating low carb helps me control the cravings, but like they said in OA when I used to attend their meetings many years ago, you're only one bite away from a binge. I read Potatoes Not Prozac a few years ago. I remember she said to have a potato before bed, I think she even let you have butter on it. If I remember correctly her diet was to help with weight loss but also to relieve depression. Sometimes having a starch before bed helps me sleep, but then there are many nights when I don't sleep no matter what I do.

I read Potatoes not Prozac and it kind of changed my life... The potato did help me sleep and when I woke up in the morning I felt calm...still do when I eat them...now I use yams though! Also something else that helps with sleep is ginger tea. You can get some fresh ginger...peel it and slice it up....fill the pot with water and let it cook down to about 1/2 until it is kind of thick... I then drink a glass before bedtime....about 15 minutes before and eat a couple of slices of the ginger! Since I started this I have been getting rem sleep...having dreams...something I hardly ever had before! Also I sleep for 6-7 hours when I was sleeping for 3-4 prior to that! The tea is kind of spicy and I don't add sugar....I just sprinkle it with cinnamon...it is strangely calming and I have a cup during the day when I get a bit anxious....

So far, so good with eating every couple of hours...seemed to stabilize my blood sugars... Today I had 1/4 of a banana with some greek yogurt..it was very good, filling, and energizing!

Yesterday I did a test to see how I would feel eating nuts every couple of hours....salt free almonds and walnuts....all day...I was not hungry AT ALL...couldn't believe it and blood sugar never dropped...it was quite interesting! Today, however, I was tired, very tired...so I added back my regular carbs!

Hope everyone else is having a great time on plan. Oh, lost a few pounds...but not back at my 212...215 though!

TJ