View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 22:30

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 189/189/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Ketogenic Diet for PF

I am on the Ketogenic Diet for the purpose of minimizing C02 in my body. I have pulmonary fibrosis caused by formaldehyde gas exposure (in my home). This has been compounded by pulmonary hypertension due to scarring of the small blood vessels entering my lungs from the pulmonary artery. I must be on a very low carb diet in order to minimize C02 production since I cannot easily remove C02 from my lungs. I am not looking for support regarding the more common 'nutritional ketosis' as my nutritional program must be 80% fat, 18% protein and less than 10 grams of carbs. I do not are about weight loss....I only want to maintain the optimal quality of life available to me. I do need additional understanding of blood ketone.

I started on the SKD 8 years ago. After being on it for ~ 6 years, I decided to try upping my carbs (from < 15 to about 75) to see what would happen. The downhill change was so gradual (over a period of ~24 mos) that I did not realize they were related to the carb increase. However, after 2 years, the deterioration of my health made me determine to go back on the SKD. I have been on it now for 5 mos. Although my blood ketones are high (1.5-6.1), my urine ketones are also high. My energy is much improved as well as my breathing. However, I would love to be able to communicate with someone who is also on the SDK for health reasons.
Sponsored Links