View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-17, 13:24

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Ken, you're doing everything right in terms of your eating lifestyle. I'd be very interested in the formula Janet referenced and whether that's something that can be applied with accuracy, or if it's simply taking into account all the known CVD markers to develop a risk profile. Either way, I get the sense that without a long history of many CAC scores, known influences, and changes, not everything is known regarding whether it's possible to manage the score. Some recommend periodic follow-up tests to ensure it's not going higher or is doing so at a slow rate, and that seems to be the current thinking in terms of managing one's CAC. However, recently I have read and heard of people attempting to lower their CAC score. This is something I'd like to know more about and wonder if a well tailored LCHF approach can be a true substitute for statins. I'm confident it would be a lot healthier!!!

Having a long period of dairy elimination and then getting your next NMR Lipid Panel will be very interesting. It's going to confirm how much control your diet has over your lipid health. To me, that could translate to a tempering of the perceived risk of your CAC score as well.

As for K2, I take it every day along with magnesium and D3. It is known as having an influence on calcium transport and moving it to where it belongs. Fat soluble, I take it with a meal.