#11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 21:47
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Welcome everyone!!!!

Lots of you are doing it for the 2nd time. ME TOO. And yes, it is harder to begin with but I didn't have this forum the first time. NOW it makes it much better. It seems to be working. I would say get a journal going. You can keep it like a diary and it's really good to go back and read what you were like in the beginning and what you will be like in 6 months. Also, you can chat with everyone.

I am a little older than all you lucky girls in your 30s. Just turned the big 40 but I never tell anyone that I meet that I am. LOL. I have been married for almost 6 years. I have no kids but 2 adorable nieces and I have one really big, hairy dog named Lady. I usually put her picture up for my avatar but St. Patty's day beat her out this month. LOL.

I have to say that I wanted to die the first few weeks doing this. But something told me that if I didn't I was going to get to a weight I felt like I would never get out of. I hated going shopping. Would never buy clothes. It just came on me so slowly but so quickly at the same time. My denial was so HUGE.

After I got the swing of it and made some of my best friends here, I really get it now. It's not "I can't eat this anymore." It's more, look what we invented that is really awesome. You start liking stuff you never did before.

Now I have to feel bad for some of you that have husbands and kids that eat the carbs. My DH went on this with me the same day July 21, 2008. He has lost 53 lbs and is in a 32 pant size. That's a miracle. But the down side for me is that he is a guy and can eat lots more carbs and calories than me. I have to measure and plan and he really doesn't have to. That's hard sometimes.

I think you guys will all do great. You have the right idea, you have the tools and you have this forum that is such an awesome resource for recipes and friends and information.

Come on over to my journal and say HI. I am up here in Chicago. It's usually cold but we have had weird weather but it's supposed to get cold here again soon. Watch out for all the ones in the warm states. They love to tell you the weather. LOL.

Good luck to ALL!!!

Lisa