#7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 06:06

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
It feels very strange to be part of a paradigm shift in science. When I first read the Atkins’ book, what I found most convincing was the science. And then, how the science works in my body.

It is rough to hear I’m just “doing a fad diet” all this time, that I’m an unethical person because I’m not vegan, that I’m a conspiracy theorist thinking Big Pharma doesn’t mind killing me, as long as they do it slowly enough to extract profit.

But since what I’m doing, works, i have to stick with it. But i have lost track of the number of people once here who couldn’t stick with it partly because of “peer pressure.” The constant support of the staus quo in the media and the doctor disapproval and the concerned relatives and making themselves conspicuous by their food choices... it is an added burden I hope will lift at some point.

It really bothers me how it seems to have become common "knowledge" that eating a vegan diet is both the healthiest and the most ethically sound way to eat. Just last evening at a meeting I was attending a woman talked about this great restaurant that served really healthy and delicious food, vegan of course, as if everyone knows vegan is the healthiest way to eat.