View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-14-17, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

VLC.MD - Unfortunately, ketosis has been objectively defined as blood ketones >0.2 millimolar. If blood ketones are >0.2millimolar then you are in ketosis. It is a very clear definition and very limited. The definition is only about what is in the blood. The definition has no relation to what is happening to the fat cell or what the liver is doing.

P&V have been, at best, imprecise in their description of dietary ketosis. Jimmy Moore has driven a ice cream truck through it. I wish JM would just come out and say, "I don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry."

I think the general and very common misunderstanding of ketosis is a great example of the failure of explanation by analogy. We have analogies built upon analogies with very little data, if any. Somewhere in that rant of mine mix in a lament about "the memorization of terms is not knowledge" and that's about where I am in my frustration.

collectabl - Not only do you and I lack an "e" on the end of our user name but it looks like you are following a similar frustration I went through when I tried to figure it out so that I could affect it in some way. I apologize if this comes across as too abrupt.