View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 18:38

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I'm thinking it may have to do with quitting smoking. There are all kinds of articles out there that say quitting smoking will lower your blood sugar, and it may in the long run. However, actual studies have shown the opposite, they show a temporary rise in blood sugar immediately following smoking cessation.

https://www.verywell.com/does-quitt...d-sugar-4007306

The past couple of day's my BG does seem to have "settled in" around 120. As long is it doesn't go any higher I'm going to stay the course. I also notice that for some reason I'm not getting the peaks and falls like I was before ranging from 130 to say 95 - it seems to stay pretty constant now for some odd reason.

I know that with the low carb diet and now the smoking cessation my body is going through changes, I'll give it more time to see how it pans out.

One good thing, I am not having the carb cravings so many people experience when quitting smoking. If anything, my carb intake has gone down. I also feel that the cravings for cigarettes are not near as bad as I remember them being on my previous attempts to quit, so I am thinking that maybe the low carb diet also may be helping me to quit smoking.