View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 10:13

Plan: Atkins/Fung
Stats: 426/364/226 Male 6" 2"
BF:plenty
Progress: 31%

Hi Leigh,

Welcome. You are in the right place. Think about starting a journal... it is a great way to get support.

There are quite a few very successful and very astute people who have really made this WOE work. Poke around their journals.

Ask questions. Share your successes and victories. As a 400 pounder I am intimately familiar with binging and uncontrolled eating.

My own guess is that you are likely very insulin sensitive, and carbs elevate insulin... and insulin is the hunger hormone which helps drive cravings and binging. I have been through the cycle hundreds of times.

There isn't anything wrong with you... but the foods you are eating *might* be directly contributing to the binging experience.

I made a pledge to myself on July 24 that I would sharply restrict my carbs, to manage my insulin levels, and get into ketosis. And once I did, the urge to binge completely disappeared.

I do occasionally get hungry... but that is solved with a **little** OP food, like a handful of nuts. But that is rare.

Get into ketosis and stay there and your life will drastically change for the better.