View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-15, 20:56

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
This along with suggesting that the 5-a-Day for the individual came from vegetables only, avoiding fruit completely, whilst also promoting time-restricted eating / fasting.
To be fair, I believe they are referring in this quote to both the "10 hour window" (not difficult) and the 2-3 24 hour fasts prescribed for the husband. Three 24 hour fasts a week could be considered rather radical for mainstream medicine. I'm thinking that the diet is so stringent in order to get rapid results (for the show) and might be loosened up a bit afterwards (add a bit of fruit? dairy?). Kind of an induction type thing.

I watched the whole episode to see if there were any new revelations about dealing with menopausal symptoms, which for me there were not. ("Reduce stress" always kills me--I don't go around looking for stress!). Very impressive results, especially for the husband (Sandeep), but his statement that "I have a couple more months of hard work" was a bit discouraging--NO, this is a new WOL for you! you can't ever go back (without going back to the downward diabetes spiral). I'd like to see what happens long-term with them.
Sponsored Links