#14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-15, 13:20

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemack
I was curious as to the choice we have in the UK and found five different brands of full fat greek yoghurt, each with several serving sizes in my supermarket. I don't understand why you can't have a similar selection across the pond, though I guess it's driven by customer demand - the fewer customers who have thrown aside the low fat dogma, then the fewer choices the low carb/real food crowd will have.

I remember being told that you have poor choices in other dairy items as well, such as real cheeses, is this true?

Traveling to and working in the UK over several years, I was impressed by the delicious, high-quality yogurt available when I had dinner at friends' houses. There is a difference in full-fat yogurt availability; although, it's starting to change back to what we once had several years ago. There are many dessert yogurts (should be criminal that this garbage is labelled as healthy) on grocery store aisles that it's hard to find the plain full-fat stuff. We're hoping that this is a trend for the better as the fat danger mantra is getting snuffed.

Real cheese and good quality cheeses however, are easy to find and not a problem in my neck of the woods and most other places on the east and west coasts.