View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 08:16

Plan: PPLPish<30ecc.
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hello,
I am sorry no one replied to you so wanted to say hi. it is normally quiet in this part of the forum.You can post your questions here http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=95

for more success in getting it answered. Also you can visit the diabetes section .

Ok coming to managing blood sugar please dont ever follow the ADA diet it will not do you any good. Diet is the single most factor that will help you contol blood sugar. You can purchase a glucose meter wich are very inecpensive now a days to see how you react to different food. You are in the right track with Schwarzbein, but dont go lower carb becasue with pregnancy you do need carbs for you and the little one. But try not to eat simple and refined sugars and eat complex carbohydrates in the form of vegetables ,fruits, and whole grain products. you might also have hypoglycemia which is very bad for pregnancy so eat more time during the day with whole food as much as possible.

I have not had gestational diabetes so please take my suggestions with a grain of salt. Please listen to the experiences of other people. All the best and happy pregnancy.