#10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 00:26

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
So, here's my question. Did the panel and stuff provide any of you with anything of value at this point? Like a different point of view or a greater understanding of the various problems and stuff like that.

In short, not really.

I just watched one of the first day's panels on YouTube. I definitely found it more interesting than the second day's panel as they managed to keep the discussion mostly on topic here, that topic being the pros and cons of LCHF. But about the only things they could all agree on to some extent is that diabetes can be reversed, and that there's more than one way to do it.

Sarah Hallberg had her say on the panel, and there were good points offered by Nina Teicholz, Aseem Malhotra and Mark Hyman from the audience. But then you had panelists like Michael Lean, who actually tried to claim that obesity is the cause of diabetes and the proof was that when people lose weight, their diabetes clears up. I heard that and I literally facepalmed.

Still, there were some entertaining moments. One audience member tried to claim that Atkins causes a bunch of conditions, to which Sarah simply replied "based on what data?" And then there was the impromptu audience survey, where the moderator asked for a show of hands on how many people are eating LC vs HC. The answer was something like lots vs 1...

Update: here are the full day-long replay links: Day 1, Day 2