View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-14, 20:24

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
How do you cope with a situation where everyone is eating something that you can't?

Hi Abby
I had the same experience...at the lake- we all just HAD to go for ice cream...I had made up my mind that there were not going to be any (more) "cheats" and so I went along fully aware that they wee all going to have unbelievably delicious-looking old fashioned parlor ice cream and I was fully prepared to have none. I took my camera so I could keep my hands busy and capture some fun pics. Turned out they had "old fashioned" ice tea too! (NO sugar or sweetener) so, I got that and was perfectly happy.

If I'm going out, (and this isn't too different from what I used to do on low cal plans either, except now I can do a much better job of filling myself up and feeling super satisfied) I ALWAYS eat before. This strategy has you run the risk of being too full to enjoy something beautiful you weren't expecting like real lump crab meat or a platter of French cheeses...BUT, I would rather "miss out" on great things because I was SMART and ate before, that EVER get trapped in a situation where I was hungry with no choices or not full ENOUGH to resist not only the old habits and carb addiction, but the SOCIAL PRESSURE from others, even those who love us most and want us to succeed.

And, keep nuts and meat sticks in the glove box of the car.

Tonight I experimented to make a nice chocolatey on-plan "dessert" with no sugar and loads of fat... They turned out okay, so, if my fam decided to go get ice cream, I'd down a couple of those little baby frozen "choc cheese cakes" before we headed out the door. Of course, artificial sweetener never feels as good in the mouth as real sugar, but it feels good enough. Good enough to give you the control you need.

These are just some of the things I've done lately and they really are helping.

Hang in there! Start fresh tomorrow and don't think about it.

I wrote a little bit in my journal, about how I came to the absolutely no cheats decision, and basically, there's always going to be SOMETHING. A bday, a party whatever. If you just decide you are NOT going to consciously eat carbcrap food, life becomes...mentally much easier.

CHeers,
Julie