View Single Post
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 11:11

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Somehow came Year 2. I felt guarded but gradually more at ease with the mechanics of maintenance. I started to think that maybe I really was a person who could maintain. God knows I’d failed miserably in the past. I always succumbed to the “Yay! Now I can eat normally again!” syndrome whenever I made a weight goal (obviously counter to what it really takes to maintain a healthy weight). Year 2 cemented in my head that everything I previously thought about food – physically and emotionally – was backward. The changes I made had to be permanent. I knew this…peripherally…in Year 1, but part of me was hoping I could be “normal” again. And we all know what “normal “means. And it doesn’t work.
A very timely post for me, as I'm 'celebrating' my two-year maintenance anniversary today. For me, Lynn's description of Year 2 was exactly how I would have described it too, and it's looking like I really am a person who can maintain.

However, I am NOT going to allow myself to become complacent. That definitely leads to the slippery slope Lynn defines as the “Yay! Now I can eat normally again!” syndrome! And there's no way that I'm ever going back there again! Never ever!